Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Washington DC...

After the golf it would be a shame for us not to hang around and check out DC. I have spent time there before but we are talking a long time ago. So we caught the bus and metro and headed into town. Checked out Georgetown = this place is awesome and the usual sites - Capitol, White house, etc. I had a work meeting so headed back and Mike stayed on and checked out Arlington cemetery and a few other bits and pieces. Besides the traffic and awesome city all round....Mike bumped into Barack first hand....wish I had - war, education so much to talk about!!
Mike and Rory

Me and the Capitol- if I look like I am grimacing - I am - Mike is taking this photo....he is not good with cameras and it takes a while

Washington Monument - ps we have lost the nice weather

Hi Barack

Just a cool shot

Imagine teaching at this school - looks alright to me except it would be standards based testing...don't get me started about the US education system and the way ours is heading!!

Canal at Georgetown

Arlington and too much war

Mike bumped into Barack on the way home - everything stops in their tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.